About New Building
|New building of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly is one of the most modern legislature complexes in India. Situated in a sprawling 16.96 acres campus - in Jyoti Nagar, Jaipur. Work on this Project commenced in November 1994 and completed in March 2001.|
|The exterior of the building has been provided with famous traditional features of Rajasthan such as Jharokas, Chhatries, Kamani, Baradaries, Arches, Todies etc. in Jodhpur and Bansi Paharpur stone. The interior entrance lounges have been decorated in the famous Rajasthani traditional art on walls and ceilings representing traditional art of four regions of Jaipur, Shekhawati, Marwar and Mewar.|
|The building is an eight storeved frame structure having height of 145 feet and floor area of 6.08 lac sqft. The main dome has a diameter of 104 feet. The assembly hall has a seating capacity for 260 members and a hall of identical capacity over it at fifth floor for future Vidhan Parishad (Upper House).|
|The building has been provided with following modern facilities :|
- Central air-conditioning upto third Floor.
- Fire detection and fire fighting system.
- Electronic Voting and sound system.
- Audio-Video recording system.
- Lifts 4 nos.
- LAN and personal computers.
- Two generator sets.
- Three tube wells and pump house.
- Security system with closed circuit TVMS and Parcel viewers.
- Power supply from G.S.S. Chambal & Mansarovar.
- EPABX including electronic mail system, Fax etc.