Speaker of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
Membership of Legislature -
1977 - 1980
|Member, 6th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Rajsamand Assembly Constituency)|
|1980 - 1985||Member, 7th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Ajmer East Assembly Constituency)|
|1989 - 1991||Member, 9th Lok Sabha (Jalore Parliamentary Constituency)|
|1991 - 1993||Member, 9th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Bye-election) (Niwai Assembly Constituency)|
|1993 - 1998||Member, 10th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Shahpura Assembly Constituency)|
|2001 - 2004||Member, 13th Lok Sabha (Bye-election) (Tonk Parliamentary Constituency)|
|2004 - 2009||Member, 14th Lok Sabha (Tonk Parliamentary Constituency)|
|2013 - Cont.||Member, 14th Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (Shahpura Assembly Constituency)|
Positions Held -
|1977 - 1980||(a) Minister of State - (27.06.1977 to 07.02.1978)
(1) Industries, (2) Public Enterprises, (3) Social Welfare
Independent Charge (1) Sheep & Wool, (2) Panchayati Raj, (3) Community Development
(b) Minister - (1) Panchayati Raj & Rural Development (8.2.1978 to 8.11.1978), (2) Cooperatives (8.2.1978 to 16.2.1980), (3) Mines and Geology (8.11.1978 to 16.2.1980), Govt. of Rajasthan
|1980 - 1985||Member, Public Accounts Committee, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly|
|1989 - 1991||(a) Member, Public Accounts Committee, Lok Sabha
(b) Member, Consultative Committee of Ministry of Commerce & Tourism, Lok Sabha
|1991 - 1993||(a) Member, Public Accounts Committee, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly, 1991 to 18.2.1992
(b) Minister - (1) Flood & Famine Relief, (2) Irrigation (17.2.1992 to 14.12.1992), Govt. of Rajasthan
|1993 - 1998||(a) Member - Public Accounts Committee, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly, 1993 to 19.1.1994
(b) Minister - (1) Home & Justice, (2) Election, (3) Mines (20.2.1994 to 30.11.1998), (4) Home Guards, (5) Civil Defense, (6) Printing & Stationery (20.2.94 to 5.7.98), Govt. of Rajasthan
|2001 - 2004||(a) Member - (1) Science & Technology, Forest and Environment Standing Committee
(b) Scheduled Cast & Scheduled Tribes Welfare Standing Committee, Lok Sabha
(c) Informal Consultative Committee of West ern Railways, Lok Sabha
(d) Union Minister of State - Social Justice & Empowerment (24.5.2003 to 23.5.2004)
|2004 - 2009||(a) Member - Assurance Committee, Lok Sabha
(b) Member - Standing Committee on Social Justice & Empowerment, Lok Sabha
(c) Member - Standing Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Cast & Scheduled Tribes, Lok Sabha
(d) Member - Associate Member of the Delimitation Commission for Rajasthan
|2013 to Cont.||(a) Minister, Dept. of Mines (20.12.2013 - 21.01.2014) Govt. of Rajasthan
(b) Speaker, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly (22.01.2014 to cont.)
Political Positions -
|-||Office Bearer as Joint Secretary, Secretary, General Secretary, Vice- President, Member State Election Committee,
Member State Parliamentary Board, President State Disciplinary Committee Right from City, District and State Units Bharatiya Jansangh and Bharatiya Janta Party.
Post held: National Vice President of Bharatiya Janta Party & in-charge of Scheduled Caste Morcha
|-||(1)Arrested under MISA on the very first day of promulgation of emergency on 26.6.1975 and was detained in different jails i.e. Udaipur, Ajmer, Bharatpur, Jaipur and released on 25.1.1977 after full nineteen months.
(2) Arrested for participating in the agitation for recognition of Bangladesh launched by Bharatiya Jan Sangh and was lodged in the Tihar Jail, Delhi (1971).
(3) Taken into Police & Judicial Custody for so many times for leading & participating in the movements of Students, Labour and Trade Union, Government Employees, Teacher as well as political agitations organised by Jansangh and Bharatiya Janta Party.
(4) Arrested under s/s 3/5 of Rajasthan Essential Services Maintenance, Ordinance-1970 on 12.9.1970 and released on 15.9.1970 for actively supporting the strike of Rajasthan Government Employees in Udaipur.
Labour Movement Visits -
|-||(1) Division President of Udaipur Branch, All India Postal Employees Postman, IV Class and E.D. (27.12.1967)
(2) Divisional President of Joint Action Committee of Central Government Employees (founded on 6.8.1968)
(3) Lead Strike of National Federation of Post & Telegraph Employees (NFPTE) in Udaipur Division on 19.9.1968
(4) Actively supported the Railway Employees strike of 1974 in Udaipur Division
(5) Free Legal Assistance to all the working class organisations.
|-||(1) Convener - Citizens Committee for Udaipur University founded on 9.5.1969 to help and mediate solving problems of Teachers & Employees.
(2) Member - Elected to Board of Control (Senate) and Executive Committee (Syndicate) of Udaipur University for six year on 11.4.1973.
(3) Founder Member - Baba Sahib Ambedkar Study Centre in Udaipur.
(4) Member - Arya Samaj, Udaipur
(5) President - Arya Kumar Parishad Udaipur (1953-54-55)
|-||Actively participated in Extra Curricular Activities of School and College -i.e. Students Union, Games and Sports, Literary & Cultural, Debates, Youth Festival, Scout and N.C.C.|
Bal Volunteer -
|-||(1) All India Hindi Sahitya Sarnmelan 33rd Conference, Udaipur (1942)
(2) All India Deshi Rajya Lok Parishad Conference, Udaipur (1946)
(3) R.S.S. (1945-46-47)
(4) Volunteered in Social, Cultural and Religious functions and fairs.
Special Interest -
|-||Awakening among Dalits, Backward Class and oppressed people of the society and work for their education and economic advancement so as to help them attain respectful place in society.|
Foreign Visits -
|-||Visited Austria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy and Switzerland as a member of Goodwill Mission of Government of India and State Government of Rajasthan.|
|Permanent Address||4-A, Ambavgarh Raod, Udaipur, District - Udaipur (Rajasthan).|
|Present Address||50, Civil Lines, Jaipur|
|Phone No.||+91-141-2744321 (Office), +91-141-2221390, 2220354 (R)|
|Fax No.||+91-141-2744321, 2744333, 2744334 (Office)|